about     shop     contact         

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

diy dress to skirt



This project was inspired by one of my favorite dresses.  I haven't been worn this dress in several years, but I kept it...just in case it came back in style! The best thing about keeping your old clothes that you LOVE is that you can always transform it into a beautiful new piece for your collection.

Material: 
- scissors
- elastic 2/4 inch 
- pins 
- measuring tape
- safety pin

Step 1: measure your waist and measure the width of elastic
Step 2: turn skirt inside out & make markings about 1 inch above original waistline
Step 3: make markings along waistline and draw a line to connect dots
Step 4: cut along line
Step 5: fold over the top of the waistline to the bottom with wrong sides together, pin in place
Step 6: sew 3/4 along waistline, leaving opening for elastic 
Step 7: pin safety pin at end of elastic
Step 8: feed elastic through top of skirt
Step 9: sew close opening of skirt
logo olivia j

3 comments:

  1. nice pics :)



    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a coral briedsmaid dress that I havent worn, that now you have inspired me to try and change into a skirt. Loved your blog and your posts..
    Visit me @ http://willfullyelegant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great idea!!! I should tell my friend, she has 20 dresses. Elastic is a wonderful tool for DIY.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Olivia