about     shop     contact         

Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY :: Easy DIY Jewel Necklace

DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew

A few weeks ago I came across this awesome DIY project by Glitter 'N Glue. She made an emerald necklace, inspired by Elizabeth Taylor. I'm such a big fan of emeralds, so I thought I'd try to duplicate the necklace. While searching for jewels I didn't have any luck finding green jewels, but I did find these beautiful clear jewels. These beauties also reminded me of my favorite J.Crew necklace. All the material cost $20 (which didn't include pliers). I also made a similar necklace in silver and wore it with one of my favorite sweaters.

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, I also hosted a DIY blogger party last Monday and made similar necklaces. This time I didn't take any pictures of the blog party. Next time I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
Material :: wire, chain, rings, clasp, 3-in-1 pliers
Cut each chain 7 inches long. Making one chain slightly longer with one link
(for the ladies in NYC. I went to Bead World at 38th and Broadway for supplies)
DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
Cut 7 inches of wire
DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
Wrap around wire with pliers
DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
Add jump rings to chain. The shorter chain, add the necklace clasp. Close chain on each side.
DIY; Necklace; easy diy necklace; jcrew
All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia