about     shop     contact         

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wearing a Black Dress & Blazer to Work

black dress and blazer to work


Wearing black in the winter has recently become a staple in my daily outfits to work. While rummaging through my closet on a quest to find something other than a black blazer to wear with a black dress , I came across my mint green blazer from Nordstrom. Last season I had a problem wearing this blazer with pants or a skirt, for some reason nothing looked right with this blazer, so it's been collecting dust in my closet for the last 8 months. At first when I threw it on with the all black outfit, I didn't like the way it looked with the dress. The sleeves were a little too long, so I push up the sleeves which gave the outfit a little more dimension. On my body type, blazers can make me look stiff and somewhat sloppy, so finding the right outfits to wear with blazers can be tricky. I think I've finally found my solution! 

Today I'm heading to Raleigh, NC for a conference and this outfit is perfect to get me through airport security and show up looking polished and professional. 

Next time you throw on a simple black dress, grab an over sized blazer and push up the sleeves or try rolling up the sleeves. I think you'll be surprised how chic you look at the office! 

Dress :: Target on sale! 
Blazer :: Nordstroms (similar here)
Heels :: Valentino
Bag :: Fendi (love this bag)
Watch :: Timex 
Necklace :: c/o Capwell (similar here)


{more ways to follow Corporate Catwalk}
 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia