about     shop     contact         

Monday, November 23, 2015

What to Wear to Work | Chambray Bow Top


what to wear to work_bow top_1

With the colder months upon us, I'm transitioning my daily work outfits from a pencil skirt to trousers and long sleeve tops. This chambray bow top from LOFT is a great piece to add to your wardrobe for the colder months. It can be work tucked into trousers, or you can layer it with a v-neck cardigan or a lightweight sweater.  The trousers I'm wearing are from J.Crew and come with a matching blazer. This would be an easy outfit to wear to the office and still look feminine and professional. 

what to wear to work_bow top_6
what to wear to work_bow top_2

If you want a top that is more "corporate", I'd opt for a solid color top like this one in off white or this one in blush pink. Both are staples for any 9-5 woman and can be worn several different ways. What I love most about these tops is that they are different than your normal button down shirt. It's nice to wear a white button down to work, especially for the days you have meetings. However, when I wear button down shirts, mine have the tendency to gap in the chest area, so I need to wear an undergarment to minimize the gap. Sometimes I just don't feel like wearing spanx to the office. This top eliminates these types of problems!

what to wear to work_bow top_4

If you like the chambray, but not the bow, check out this soft chambray button down. It's perfect to wear with your favorite cardigan to the office. 

what to wear to work_bow top_6
what to wear to work_bow top_5

These two little cuties crashed my photo session with Lydia. Batman is a big fan of being in front of the camera. He's always photo ready! We went to Washington Square park for him to play after the photo session. It was a fun weekend with my boys.

For anyone who wants to see my daily work outfits, please follow me on Twitter! I've posted on Instagram a few times, for consistency I'll be posting all on one platform. Thank you for reading!

what to wear to work_bow top_5

Top - Loft
Pants - J.Crew
Shoes - Kurt Geiger old 
Coat - Zara
Bag - Saint Laurent (similar save)
Sunglasses - Anthropologie 
Watch - Kate Spade
Lips - MAC






Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia