about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Casual Look | Raw Hem Denim

JEANS_2

This year during NYFW, one of the most popular trends worn by popular fashion blogger; Aimee from Song of Style, Danielle from WhoWoreWhat and Crhiselle from The Chriselle Factor was raw and frayed denim. Over the last few months I've seen this trend with black denim, it wasn't till last month I saw denim culottes with raw and frayed hems. At first I wasn't the biggest fan, but like most trends, it's an acquired taste. 

Any trend worn by celebrities and famous fashion bloggers, but I wanted to figure out how to wear this is my day-to-day life. As a personal fan of culottes pants, incorporating the raw hem trend into my wardrobe wasn't too difficult, it was figuring out where I could buy them in petite sizing. Thankfully Banana Republic had a two styles (here & here) available. 

For most offices this might not be an appropriate style, but for those of us who work in a less conservative workplaces, I think this can be worn on a casual Friday. As for the weekend or evenings, you can give your skinny jeans a day off and wear these jeans with heels, sneakers or your favorite booties

JEANS_6

JEANS_3

JEANS_5

JEANS_4

JEANS_1

ZARA BAG (LAST WORN HERE & SIMILAR HERE)
COAT (SIMILAR HERE)
ANTHROPOLOGIE SUNGLASSES (OLD, SIMILAR HERE)
 KATE SPADE WATCH (SIMILAR HERE)





Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia